Six Interesting Facts About Cleaning
1. Spraying a surface and immediately wiping it down will only accomplish half the job. Antibacterial cleaners must be left on surfaces from 30 to 60 seconds to do their job.
2. There are more germs on most kitchen sinks than the toilet seat. So use a good disinfectant and clean them often.
3. Never use disinfectants to clean a refrigerator. Food inside may absorb the disinfectant’s odor which may alter taste. Warm soapy water works well and is a less harmful choice.
4. There are between 100,000 and 10 million dust mites in typically mattress, so vacuum it often.
5. Most office desk tops contain 400 times more bacteria than a toilet seat. So, wipe them down with a soapy water solution often.
6. Offices phones have over 25,000 germs per square inch. They should be disinfected regularly to minimize transfers of colds and flues.